Het is nu do maart 28, 2024 11:25 am

Forum gesloten Dit onderwerp is gesloten, je kunt geen berichten wijzigen of nieuwe antwoorden plaatsen  [ 1 bericht ] 
Nieuwjaarsbericht Lieutenant-General Doolittle 
Auteur Bericht
Pieter F
Bericht Nieuwjaarsbericht Lieutenant-General Doolittle
Een beetje laat, maar Lieutenant-General Doolittle was in 1945 nog later (10 januari) met dit zelfde nieuwjaarsbericht.

HEADQUARTERS EIGHTH AIR FORCE
Office of the Commanding General
APO 634
10 January 1945

To Every Member of the Eighth Air Force :
The year 1944 was a significant one tor those who have devoted themselves to the cause of freedom and justice throughout the world. In both hemispheres, the forces of tyranny were rolled back and steadily compressed into surrounded bastions from which there can be no escape. Here in the European Theater, the Eighth Air Force fought with distinction. It contributed importantly to the Allied war effort and earned a place in history which time will not erase. As the Commander of that Force, I am responsible not only to my military superiors, but to those who have made the year so memorable--the men and women of the Eighth. I want you to share with me the broader view of the picture—a picture of our major tasks in 1944 and how we accomplished them. You deserve to share that view by virtue of the fact that you dedicated 1944 to your work, to your country, and to the cause of freedom. In spite of physical discomforts caused by mud, and rain, and cold, in spite of losses in battle, in spite of handicaps which seemed insuperable at times, you persevered and succeeded.

The brief outline which follows will fill you with pride and with the realization that each of you contributed to the job some element which was indispensable. I believe it will add to your determination to carry on unstintingly until our goal becomes a reality.

J. H. DOOLITTLE
Lieut. General USA
Commanding

Afbeelding
Bron: 303rd BG newsletter

zo jan 02, 2011 4:07 pm
Forum gesloten Dit onderwerp is gesloten, je kunt geen berichten wijzigen of nieuwe antwoorden plaatsen  [ 1 bericht ]